Hacker gains access to Bush family emails, photos
By MICHAEL GRACZYK | Associated Press – 2 hrs 11 mins ago
HOUSTON (AP) — A hacker apparently accessed private photos and emails sent between members of the Bush family, including both former presidents, and the Secret Service is investigating.
The Smoking Gun website said the hacker, who went by the online moniker “Guccifer,” gained access to emails, photos, private telephone numbers and addresses of Bush family members and friends.
The website displayed photos it said came from the hacker, including one that purported to show the elder Bush during his recent stay in a Houston hospital, where the 88-year-old spent almost two months being treated for complications from a bronchial infection.
The authenticity of the photos and other details on the website could not immediately be confirmed. A spokesman for former President George H.W. Bush declined to comment on the reports.
“There’s a criminal investigation and, as such, there’s nothing else we can say,” Jim McGrath said Friday.
Secret Service spokesman George Ogilvie said the agency was investigating. He would not elaborate.
In Dallas, where Bush’s son, former President George W. Bush has a home, Bush spokesman Freddy Ford declined to make a statement.
The FBI in Houston, where the elder Bush lives, would not confirm or deny any investigation.
George H.W. Bush’s son Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida, when reached by email, said the hacking was “outrageous” and the decision to publish the material showed “total disregard for privacy.”
The word “Guccifer” was plastered across the photos published on the website, which quotes “Guccifer” as describing himself as a veteran hacker who has long been in the government’s sights.
Free email accounts from commercial providers are especially vulnerable to hackers who exploit easy-to-use features to reset email passwords. AOL’s email passwords can be reset by a hacker who could discover, for example, the birth year of a customer’s mother, a father’s middle name or the name of a favorite pet.
Last year, after The Associated Press revealed that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and some top aides had used private email accounts to conduct state business at times when Romney was governor of Massachusetts, Romney’s free Microsoft Hotmail account was hacked. The alleged hacker claimed to have guessed the answer to a security question about Romney’s favorite pet in order to gain access to the account and change the password. The anonymous hacker said Romney’s account on DropBox, a file-sharing service, also was compromised.
A college student in Tennessee, David Kernell, was convicted in April 2010 on federal charges of hacking into Sarah Palin’s private emails weeks before the 2008 presidential election. Kernell had correctly guessed answers to security questions guarding Palin’s account, giving him access.
Last year, a group of hackers known as the D33D Company published a list of what it said were usernames and passwords for more than 450,000 email accounts, including more than 25,000 AOL accounts. It was not immediately clear whether the Bush family’s hacked AOL accounts were among these.
Associated Press writers Diana Heidgerd and Jamie Stengle in Dallas, Ted Bridis in Washington and Gary Fineout in Tallahassee, Fla., contributed to this story.
More than 100 protesters were arrested in lower Manhattan on Monday during demonstrations marking the first anniversary of Occupy Wall Street, the amorphous, anti-corporate greed movement that began in New York and spread to dozens of cities last year.
Activists vowed to “shut down” Wall Street, with plans to create a human wall and block the entrance to the New York Stock Exchange. Hundreds of New York police officers were assembled early Monday in anticipation of the protests.
Dozens of officers, some on horseback, blocked off the entrance to Wall Street to prevent protesters from carrying out their stated mission. At 10 a.m., the NYPD carted off a bus full of protesters, all of them arrested earlier Monday morning. A double-decker bus of sightseers followed closely behind.
Several of the arrested protesters were in wheelchairs. (One smiled as she was loaded into a police van.) At the intersection of Broad and Water streets in the financial district, activists demonstrated in front of a police truck, raising clenched fists in its direction.
[Slideshow: Occupy Wall Street: One year later]
Matt Tucker, a protester from Cincinnati, told Yahoo News that the Occupy movement has found buildings where protesters can sleep. (Zuccotti Park, once the ground zero of the Occupy movement, is no longer an option for overnight camping.) Others slept in front of Trinity Church and Chase Bank over the weekend as part of their protest.
As is often the case with city-based demonstrations, the number of protesters who showed up Monday to mark the Occupy anniversary varied depending on who was counting. Most media outlets estimated several hundred; one protester’s estimate—retweeted by Occupy Wall Street’s Twitter account—was 50,000. (The tweet was immediately—and rightly—ridiculed.)
According to the New York Times’ City Room blog, about 200 protesters gathered in Zuccotti at 7 a.m. A half hour later, approximately 400 protesters arrived at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Water Street:
The police were also visible in large numbers throughout the area. Just after 7 a.m. four officers on scooters followed four bicyclists dressed as polar bears—to symbolize rising water tables resulting from global warming, they said—on their way to an assembly spot outside the Lower Manhattan ferry terminal.
Police who barricaded Wall Street checked IDs of employees to let them through.
A few protesters used markers to write a telephone number for legal help on their arms should anyone arrested need it. A small band of demonstrators outside the church performed in a drum line. One held a sign that read: “Sorry, Wall Street is Closed Today for Deconstruction.”
Some Occupy protesters played drums and marched around behind barricades, even as they were blocked from entering Wall Street. Other splinter groups performed “mic checks” (creating a people’s microphone where listeners repeat a speaker’s words so others farther away could hear) in the lobbies of major banks, including J.P. Morgan Chase, Citibank and the Bank of America.
The anniversary demonstrations began on Sunday with a concert in Foley Square featuring Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello.
The Feds Can’t Catch the Cartels’ Cocaine-Filled Submarines
By Adam Clark Estes | The Atlantic Wire – Sun, Sep 9, 2012
With three-quarters of potential cocaine shipments sliding under their noses, United States authorities are having a hard time keeping up with the Latin American drug cartels. Part of the problem, a new report in The New York Times says, is the fact that the famously daring and elusive drug-running submarines aren’t just operating in the Pacific Ocean any more. These diesel-powered vessels have taken the Caribbean by storm, and the technology powering them is getting more sophisticated.
Although they captured 129 tons of cocaine on its way to the U.S. last year, the Coast Guard thinks that close to 500 tons could now be making it through. “My staff watches multi-ton loads go by,” Rear Adm. Charles D. Michel told The Times. Part of the problem is a new class of fully submersible craft, three of which have been seized in recent weeks. (Before, the subs were only semi-submersible, depending on a snorkel to bring in air for the engine.) These new drug-running subs are capable of carrying up to ten tons of cocaine at a time and can run from Ecuador to Los Angeles without coming up for air. On top of it all, officials are also worried that these subs could be used by terrorists.
Of course, running drugs in subs is nothing new. So-called narco-subs first started making headlines about ten years ago when cartels, mostly Colombian at that point in time, started switching from the surface-level speedboat technique to using rudimentary fiberglass-and-wood vessels that could zoom under the surface. U.S. authorities called the first captured submarine — a 49-foot-long vessel carrying four men, an AK47 and three tons of cocaine — Bigfoot because they weren’t even sure it existed until they spotted it. Since then the subs have only grown more sophisticated and more frequent, so U.S. authorities are working overtime. Michel says that drug interdictions are already up 50 percent in 2012. Success, as we mentioned before, is spotty at best.
Success rates aside, the Feds know that they’re dealing with a serious challenge. One commander working with a 600-person task force in Key West said that cocaine-filled subs “are the Super Bowl of counter narcotics.” He told The Times, “When you hear one is moving you say ‘Wow. Game on.’”
Appeals Court Upholds Max B’s Murder Conviction
A New Jersey appeals court has upheld the Harlem rapper’s murder conviction and 75-year sentence…
August 31, 2012 – 10:49 AM
Despite previous reports, Max B will be serving out his 75-year-sentence after all. Yesterday (August 30), a New Jersey appeals court upheld the murder conviction and 75-year-sentence against the rapper, real name Charly Wingate, for his role in a deadly botched robbery back in 2006.
Max, 34, has been in a New Jersey State Prison cell since 2009 after he was convicted on nine out of 11 counts of murder, robbery and conspiracy charges, stemming from that botched robbery which resulted in the murder of David Taylor. Along with his former girlfriend, Gina Conway, and stepbrother, Kelvin Leerdam, he had plotted to rob Taylor and his associate Allan “Jay” Plowden at a Holiday Inn. The ruling leaves the Harlem native to be imprisoned until the year 2042.
Turk’s Girlfriend Discusses His Incarceration
Detroit Rapper Trick Trick Denies Robbing Rick Ross’ Tour Bus
“If I wanted to get officer ricky, I’d get em! Not tear up a tour bus!” Trick Trick tweeted in denying he had anything to do with the robbery…
July 25, 2012 – 10:00 AM
Trick Trick has earned the reputation as an enforcer for his hometown city of Detroit over the years. Having reported altercations with the likes of Trick Daddy, Styles P and Yung Berg during the past several years should let all visiting rappers know why Trick Trick’s crew is called the Goon Sqwad.
Having said all that, however, the Detroit rapper is vehemently denying any involvement in Rick Ross’ tour bus being ransacked.
Last weekend, TMZ broke the news about Rozay’s tour bus being robbed of thousands in cash, jewelry and clothes during a pit stop in Detroit. Photos of the bus, in the aftermath of the robbery, show it in absolute shambles, as if US Customs and Border Patrol tore through it. Soon after the incident, Internet rumors began pointing to Trick Trick as a possible culprit, but he insists that he didn’t have anything to do with the vandalizing.
“I wasn’t gona entertain this weak shit but, if I wanted to get officer ricky, I’d get em!” Trick Trick tweeted on Monday (July 23). “Not tear up a tour bus! That’s BITCH shit! U fake ass wanabe journalist kill me printin rumors! I ain’t that kinda guy! If I want yo ass Beat its gettn beat! Fucc officer Ricky! I ain’t got no problems with dat ni–a. Since ni–as in the D succ em off so well. I just let em succ em!”
Trick Trick grabbed some national spotlight with his Eminem-assisted single, “Welcome 2 Detroit” back in 2005.—Jakinder Singh
Rozay tells Flex that he beat “Freeway” Ricky Ross in court twice and he’s gonna beat him again…
July 20, 2012 – 9:25 AM
After hearing the news that drug kingpin “Freeway” Ricky Ross’ identity lawsuit against Rick Ross is still alive, the Bawse had something to say.
When Funkmaster Flex, of New York City’s Hot 97 dial, asked Rozay last night (July 19) about if he was surprised on the recent court motion, the Miami MC admitted that he absolutely was.
“Really I was [surprised] because dudes that really supposed to come from the street, we could have met and spoke face to face and maybe did this another way, but homie wanted to go through the courts and say that I was rapping in all of my songs about his life and in my songs I’m talking about his life and it’s just not true,” Ross told Flex.
“Shout out to my team,” Rozay added. “We done batted down the first two and we gonna bat down this last one and hopefully homie could have him some peace.”
The latter part of the Bawse’s statement is referring to a judge throwing out “Freeway’s” original $10 million lawsuit against Ross in a 2010 ruling because the former drug kingpin couldn’t legitimately show he had trademark rights to the name. He then re-filed his lawsuit, only for a second judge to dismiss it on the statute of limitations having passed, as it was deemed that Rozay was already famous by 2005.
Now, Ross will try to beat “Freeway” in the court for the third time.
Earlier this week, multiple reports, including Billboard.Biz, reported that a California state judge rejected Warner Bros. Records’ motion to dismiss “Freeway” Ricky Ross’ lawsuit against Rozay—the suit alleging that Rozay had misappropriated the name and identity of “Freeway” Ricky Ross—ruling that the statute of limitations hadn’t expired.
In essence, that kept part of “Freeway’s” lawsuit against Ross alive.—Jakinder Singh
2 Chainz Admits That He Joined The Illuminati & Talks Difference Between Tity Boi and 2 Chainz
Boss Wives” Is It True “The Real Rick Ross” & “BMF” Wives Stole Concept Of Reality Show?? (Reality Show Trailer)